Emerald Local Services
Emerald ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Emerald site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Emerald Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Emerald When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Emerald Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Emerald Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Emerald ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Emerald and a Place to Meet
The emerald.town Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Emerald
Emerald is a charming town located in the Central Highlands region of Queensland, Australia. Its history dates back to the early 19th century, when European explorers reached the area and found it teeming with emerald-green grazing land and stunning natural landscapes. Here are some interesting facts about this unique town:
- Emerald is home to the largest Van Gogh sunflower painting in the world. The impressive mural, which measures 25 metres by 25 metres, was created by Craig Rochford in 2015 and features over 13,000 sunflowers.
- The town's name was inspired by the vibrant green hills surrounding it, which are said to resemble emerald gemstones. Emerald is also in close proximity to the Gemfields, which are famous for producing sapphires, rubies, and other precious stones.
- Emerald Queensland hosts the annual Ag-Grow Field Days, one of the biggest agricultural shows in all of Australia. This three-day event features over 500 exhibitors and attracts attendees from all over the country.
- The town is home to an impressive art gallery called the Emerald Art Gallery, which showcases works from local artists as well as touring exhibitions. The gallery also offers art classes and workshops.
- Emerald is situated on the banks of the Nogoa River, which is a popular spot for swimming, fishing, and boating. There are also several parks and nature reserves in the area, including the Emerald Botanic Gardens and the Blackdown Tableland National Park.
- Emerald has a rich railway history, with several historic train stations and rail yards still in use today. The town is also home to the Queensland Rail National Heritage Listed Locomotive Depot.
- The town's main street, Anakie Street, is home to several charming cafes, restaurants, and shops. It is a popular spot for locals and tourists alike.
- Emerald's climate is typically warm and tropical, with hot summers and mild winters. The town receives an average of 395mm of rainfall per year.
These are just a few of the many interesting facts about the town of Emerald Queensland. If you have the chance to visit, be sure to explore all the unique attractions and experiences this charming town has to offer!