Emerald Multicultural Directory
Be the first to advertise in Emerald Multicultural Directory!
We are developing emerald.town for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Emerald for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Multicultural Directory in Emerald?
Multicultural Organisations in and Around Emerald, Queensland
Australia is a diverse country and Queensland is no exception. In the town of Emerald, there are several organisations and groups dedicated to promoting multiculturalism, diversity, and inclusion. These organisations offer a range of benefits and activities, including social events, educational programs, and community service opportunities. In this article, we will categorise, list and describe the benefits and activities of each organisation.
1. Emerald Multicultural Community Centre
The Emerald Multicultural Community Centre is a hub for various cultural groups in Emerald. The centre aims to promote harmony and understanding between different cultures and provides an environment for people to share their experiences, language, and culture. The centre is open to all residents of Emerald and surrounding areas.
- It offers access to resources and support for people from different cultural backgrounds.
- The centre provides a platform for interaction, celebration and appreciation of diversity.
- The centre holds regular events such as cultural shows, performances, and exhibitions.
- The centre provides language classes, cultural workshops, and cooking classes.
Address: 19 Borilla St, Emerald QLD 4720
Phone: (07) 4982 7255
2. Emerald International Women's Group
Emerald International Women's Group is an organisation that supports and empowers women from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and religions. The group welcomes women of all ages, nationalities, and backgrounds.
- It provides a safe and supportive environment for women to share their experiences, knowledge, and skills.
- The group runs various programs to help women integrate into the community and access resources.
- The group holds regular meetings, workshops, and outings to foster friendships and support networks.
- The group provides language classes, childcare support, and advocacy services.
3. Central Highlands Ethnic Community Association
The Central Highlands Ethnic Community Association is a not-for-profit organisation that promotes multiculturalism in the Central Highlands Region. The association includes members from different ethnic groups who work together to enhance the cultural, social, and economic welfare of the community.
- The association provides a platform for people to learn about different cultures, customs, and languages.
- It provides a voice and representation for people from ethnic backgrounds in the community.
- The association holds regular events such as cultural festivals, sports tournaments, and charity drives.
- It provides advocacy and referral services, community education programs, and training opportunities.
Address: B1503/Dolphins Garden, 26-30 Hospital Road, Emerald QLD 4720
Phone: 0490 160 898
4. Emerald Refugee Health Network
The Emerald Refugee Health Network is a community-driven organisation that works to improve the health, wellbeing, and social connections of refugees and asylum seekers in Emerald. The network provides access to health services, education, and other support networks.
- The network provides a safe and confidential environment for refugees and asylum seekers to access health care services.
- It provides a support network for people who have experienced trauma or displacement.
- The network holds regular health clinics, education sessions, and advocacy activities.
- It provides referral and advocacy services and assistance with cultural and language barriers.
Address: 16 Clermont St, Emerald QLD 4720
Phone: (07) 4987 9524
5. Multicultural Queensland
Multicultural Queensland is a government organisation that promotes the social, economic, and cultural benefits of cultural diversity in Queensland. The organisation works to provide information, resources, and funding support to communities and organisations across the state.
- The organisation provides access to information and resources for people from diverse backgrounds.
- It provides funding support and assistance to community organisations and events.
- The organisation runs various programs and initiatives to promote cultural diversity and social inclusion.
- It provides funding support to community events, festivals and cultural celebrations.
Phone: (07) 3247 4289
multicultural organisations are a vital part of building strong, diverse and inclusive communities. Whether you are new to Emerald or have been living here for years, joining a multicultural organisation can be an excellent way to meet new people, learn new skills, and support your community.
Emerald Multicultural Articles