Emerald Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in Emerald?
Emerald is an ideal holiday destination located in the heart of Queensland, Australia. The town of Emerald is surrounded by beautiful natural landscapes and has numerous tourist attractions that cater to all age groups. Here are some incredible places that should be on your list when exploring Emerald.
1. Emerald Botanic Gardens: The Emerald Botanic Gardens is a peaceful oasis located in the centre of the town. The gardens span over 42 hectares and have an extensive range of native flora and fauna. Visitors can enjoy walking trails, picnic areas, and stunning views of Lake Maraboon.
Address: 76 Opal St, Emerald QLD 4720
2. Central Highlands Heritage Centre: This is a must-visit attraction for history buffs. The Central Highlands Heritage Centre features exhibits that showcase Emerald's rich history and culture.
Address: 6 Clermont St, Emerald QLD 4720
3. Capricorn Caves: A short drive from Emerald lies the Capricorn Caves, which is a unique natural attraction. The Capricorn Caves provide visitors with an unforgettable underground adventure. The caves provide tours for all skill levels – from first-timers to seasoned spelunkers.
Address: 30 Olsen Caves Rd, The Caves QLD 4702
4. Fairbairn Dam: Constructed primarily as an irrigation dam, Fairbairn Dam offers excellent recreational opportunities. Visitors can fish for barramundi, birdwatch, or go boating on the lake.
Address: The Fairbairn Dam Rd, Emerald QLD 4720
5. Lake Maraboon: Lake Maraboon is one of the largest man-made lakes in Queensland and is an essential source of water for the region. This stunning lake is surrounded by rolling hills and offers numerous recreational activities such as boating, fishing or a picnic by the shore.
Address: 188 Lake Maraboon Access Rd, Emerald QLD 4720
6. Emerald Golf Club: If you're a golf enthusiast, then a visit to the Emerald Golf Club should be on your list. The course is challenging and rewarding, with 18 holes surrounded by lush greens and lovely scenery.
Address: 174 Golf Links Rd, Emerald QLD 4720
7. Crater Lakes National Park: Located about 35 km from Emerald, Crater Lakes National Park is a natural attraction that features two volcanic craters- Lake Barrine and Lake Eacham. The park offers picturesque views, a picnic area and walking trails around the two craters – an excellent spot for nature enthusiasts.
Address: Lake Barrine QLD 4883
8. Rubyvale Gem Gallery: Rubyvale Gem Gallery is the perfect place to discover gemstones from the region. From fossicking for gems to purchasing handcrafted jewellery, visitors will have an enjoyable experience in a wonderful atmosphere.
Address: 9 Keilambete Rd, Rubyvale QLD 4702
9. Carnarvon Gorge National Park: Carnarvon Gorge National Park is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the region. This national park features stunning sandstone cliffs, rare flora and fauna species, and waterfalls – visitors can complete numerous hikes, with the Moss Garden circuit and the Art Gallery trail being the most popular.
Address: Carnarvon Gorge Rd, Carnarvon National Park QLD 4714
Whether you're an adventure seeker or someone who enjoys learning about history and culture, Emerald has something for everyone. So, pack your bags, and don't forget to explore these fantastic tourist attractions in and around Emerald, Queensland.
Emerald Tourism Articles